Data is king in the business world today. And to collect, analyse, interpret and present these empirical data the help of statistical science is taken.
This helps in finding out the negative and the positive side of any method and study. And this kind of study helps to find a path of improvement which you should tread.
These statistical methods are followed by marketers and digital marketing is no less.
SEO is Vital to Digital Marketing
SEO is an important aspect of digital marketing or for that matter any kind of marketing. Search engine optimization as the term suggests is a method to improve your website ranking in search results.
And every website would like to have the Numero Uno position or at least be seen on the first page of the search engine. Then clubbing the two- statistics and SEO – the marketers can know where they stand and what is the position and what improvement should be made.
Web traffic is an important entity and research by some experts say that organic search would associate to about 94% of the total web traffic and the top position on search results on google has nearly 35% click-through rate for both mobile and desktop.
This implies that if your website does not rank at the top position in search results, it will lose clicks, leads as well as sales to the rival parties.
So this indicates that SEO efforts do pay off. So let us have a statistical take on this and how it helps business improve.
Organic Search Engine Optimization
- Different studies are conducted by various groups and their inference is as follows
- 94% of organic traffic is via google.
- According to 61% of marketers growing organic presence and improving SEO is given top priority in inbound marketing.
- 4 words or longer are used in 50% search queries.
- More leads are generated by SEO than by other marketing strategies feel 57% of marketers.
- 75% of searchers do not go beyond the search engine on the first page.
- With an extra 2 seconds to load the bounce rate will double.
- If a brand appears several times 50% more visitors are likely to click a result.
- The worldwide search is about 6.6 billion a day.
- SEO close rate is 14.6% which is way higher than the 1.7% of outbound leads.
SEO and Social Media Marketing
- Study on the linking the two has got some good statistical results
- Facebook has the highest visits a whopping 61%- that amount to nearly 2 billion.
- People from the age group between 18-34 follow a brand on social networking sites the most.
- Many have had a good experience with a brand via social media service. 71% of these are likely to recommend that brand to others.
- 1 in every 5 minutes spent on mobile and 1 in every 6 minutes online is found to be on Facebook.
- Over 50 million small businesses are connecting with their customers using Facebook.
- The onset of the highest traffic on Facebook happens from 1-3 pm midweek. Wednesdays 3 pm, Thursdays and Fridays from 1-4 pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 12-1 pm is the best time to post on Facebook.
- Improvement of sales is seen by more than 50% of marketers who have used social media for over 2 years.
- Online reviews are read by about 80-90% of people before a purchase.
- 50% of people who did a local search on their phones visit a store within a day.
- Online reviews are trusted by 88% of buyers
- In 93% searches with local intent google local pack has appeared in the top position.
- In mobile ads for local listings, 68% searchers have used the call to action button.
- Of all Google searches, 46% are local.
Mobile SEO Statistics
- 50% of 100 billion searches every month are from mobiles in most countries.
- A local business is contacted by 61% mobile searches if it has a mobile-friendly website.
- 65% of mobile searchers seek relevant information.
- A new company or product is discovered by 51% of mobile users.
- Mobile marketing is included by 68% of companies in the marketing strategy.
SEO and Content Marketing
- Content improvement has shown to increase blog traffic by over 2000%.
- Relevant content is the single most effective SEO tactic feel 72% marketers.
- Having a blog for business websites can receive 67% more leads
- 94% more viewership is got by blog posts with images.
- Positive ROI is experienced 13x more by prioritizing blogging.
- Having blogs receives 97% more links to the website.
- Ranking can increase by over 400% by adding blogs to the website.
- 81% of American online customers opine that blogs are a useful source of information.
- 5x more lead generation is experienced by posting 16 blogs per month.
SEO and Video Marketing
- Preference for a video about a product is 4x more than reading.
- 85% of global internet traffic in the USA will be accounted for by video by 2019.
- The video is the preferred content marketing strategy for 82% of businesses today.
- 49% of revenue growth was seen by businesses using video.
- Companies using instructional video content is preferred by 53% of mobile users.
- 27% higher CTR and 34% more web conversion rate are observed by companies doing video marketing.
- 45% of people watch YouTube or Facebook videos for more than an hour.
- 80% of consumers felt demo videos are more helpful.
- Organic search results increased by 50x by use of video content.
- 157% increase in organic traffic is experienced with the use of video.
SEO Facts For Businesses
- 59% of marketers feel SEO influences the lead generation goals.
- 45% of companies are investing over $ 20000 each month on SEO
- 50% of searches for business search queries are on a phone and is likely to increase in the future.
Voice Search Statistics
- By 2020 voice search will account for 50% of the searches
- Mobile voice related searches are 3x to be locally based.
- Over 36% millennials use voice enabled digital assistants.
- Voice queries have grown 3400% from 2008-2017
- 88% of voice searches are for driving directions.
These statistical data can be of use for the future digital marketer and Search Engine Optimization expert.