There are manifold advantages of SEO, due to which the activity is extensively undertaken by all companies.
Some of the advantages of SEO are listed below
1. Cheap source of regular, relevant traffic – A high amount of traffic is routed to your site as a result of your top position on search engines, which will generate leads as well as sales, depending on the target you wish to achieve, or whatever the target is.
2. Results in a higher click-through rate (Number of people who clicked the link/Total number of people who viewed the link) as compared to any other program:-As a marketing strategy for increasing a site’s relevance, SEO considers how search algorithms work and what people search for. SEO efforts may involve a site’s coding, presentation, and structure, as well as fixing problems that could prevent search engine indexing programs from fully spidering a site.
3. No recurring pay per click costs
4. Gives highest ROI in the long run as compared to any other online marketing vehicle-When you have a site designed and developed in an appropriate way, SEO can have a drastic improvement in ROI, and this is why almost all companies today opt for SEO activities for their websites.
5. Generates brand awareness and recognition – SEO allows extremely high visibility and creates brand awareness, which is the first step towards building a strong brand and corporate image.
6. Higher natural rankings build trust among searchers – Once you achieve a high ranking on popular search engines, your site, its products and services are preferred over your competitors, which will certainly give you the result you have desired.
7.Results in a higher website conversion rate
8. Once you’ve reached top positions, you should stay there – Once you succeed in acquiring a high position on the search engines, there is a strong possibility that you will stay there for a long time, and will give all the users an opportunity to frequent your site and make purchases/avail of your services.
9. More searchers click on ‘organic results’ (around 60% vs. 40% PPC) – PPC or Pay Per Click refers to text-based marketing, where companies/webmasters get charged by the click whenever a surfer clicks on their paid ads. Search rankings are usually based on bidding prices. These are usually designated on the engines as sponsored listings.
10. Can appear in hundreds of search results page – The results obtained through SEO are referred to as organic or free results, because, unlike Pay per Click Advertising, one does not need to pay the search engine when a user clicks on the website link.
11. Cheaper than PPC in long run – SEO involves a reasonable fee as compared to other paid forms of advertising and therefore turns out to be much cheaper in the long run.